A shell of its former self, but still standing, against all odds.
see the whole story
We believe that powerful photos and stories can change the world, and inspiring others is our life goal. To make sure you understand the possibilities and the special opportunity that lies in front of you, we wanted to clarify the main reasons for you to join the photostory community.
1. Combining photos with stories – new recipe for success. This new trend is emerging and there is undeniable evidence promoting the combination of photos and stories: photos are simply stronger with stories and stories have a bigger impact with a photo. Expecting qualityto ensure the best experience for our readers, writers and photographers, Worldly Photos is dedicated to publish and share short visual stories made for our new modern lifestyle – with a purpose.
2. Time well spent. Worldly Photos doesn’t waste your time! Unlike social media platforms, Worldly Photos is a curated website accepting only high quality photos and stories to make sure your time is well spent and you’ll have an enjoyable experience in our online gallery. As a photographer and/or writer, you can also be confident that your work is valued and presented with your best interests in mind; the website is carefully designed to promote the unique visual and emotional reading experience.
3. Want to inspire others and change the world? If you believe that powerful photos and stories can have a positive impact on others and change lives, we are happy to welcome you to our photostory community to share this message and to make a difference. By sharing stories, we can motivate and wake up the dead, we can spread knowledge and raise awareness, we can create smiles and help with sorrow, and we can lift our heads into the clouds and write about a better future… This visual storytelling site is made for you who have the courage to imagine, believe and act!
4. Fair trade. We know it’s difficult to exhibit work and find the right audience, no matter how amazing photos you’ve taken or stories you’ve written. This is why we want to make a fair deal with you! We will provide you worldwide audience and you will promise to show us the best work you’ve got – this way we will both win! Let me explain what this really means… Worldly Photos offers you:
5. Premium services. To make sure your stories are as good as you wish them to be, our premium services offer writing and editing assistance to perfect your stories (Golden Photostory Crane -membership). Furthermore, premium members are eligible for surprise discounts on photography equipment and programs to encourage self-improvement and even better photostories.
6. Creative journalism and visual storytelling at its best. There is a hidden storyteller in each and every one of us, and we want to make sure that the world hears your story – the real story. We also know that stories will empower photos and give them the biggest chance to succeed and reach the eyes and ears of the world. Worldly Photos is your chance to join the movement of creative journalism and visual story telling – let’s shake the world and make it better together by telling powerful stories!
7. Weekend challenges designed for you. We understand that not everyone is passionate about both photography and writing, yet it has been proven that photos and stories together raise the audience experience to a completely different level. To overcome this challenge, we decided to create a bridge between the two groups! During the weekend, you can choose to write a story for a photo or to match your photo with a story. You are also welcome to submit a story or a photo for our pools to challenge others; both the author and the photographer will be credited, of course. These challenges are simply addictive.
8. Our users love the photostory community: “The website was so engaging and harmonious. It was like jumping into another world and I felt somehow peaceful while reading and surfing around the site; it was so addictive that I couldn’t stop reading… and it was wonderful to see great photos of such diverse topics in one place and easily accessible: people, places, nature and even feelings. I cannot wait to come back!”
9. Support for world saviours – NGOs and other non-profits. We’re not joking when we talk about changing the world. In addition to free publishing rights, NGOs and other non-profits are welcome to apply for free premium services and share their knowledge on important causes. Photostories are a perfect way to spread awareness and to get people involved in important causes.
A shell of its former self, but still standing, against all odds.
They will be friends forever they’d said. In 2020 ‘forever’ was shorter then expected here in Bergamo.
It’s not the fear It’s the courage to ask: “Do you care?” A calculated risk is what you’ve been enjoying for some time now. And you might ignore what’s at stake as you’re lost on the waterfront in the early hours of a day that may not come into existence after all.
Time. The luxury of time. Freedom to choose the direction. Freedom to pay for spares and gasoline. Heading towards the horizon. Well prepared but without fixed route. Taking detours. And detours from the detours. Driving, following intuition, the landscape, a shadow on a hill. Exploring and discovering. Meeting people on the way. Sometimes yes, sometimes …
Do claims become truer if you keep repeating them? Who believes that? Someone? Seriously? Truths become truer through repetition. Truths become truer through repetition. Truths become truer through repetition. Truths become truer through repetition. Truths become truer through repetition. Truths become truer through repetition. Truths become truer through repetition. Truths become truer through repetition. Truths …
“Took you much longer than usual to remove the makeup.” “You reckon?” (red backstage door flush-shutting, spring-slammed in place by oversized mechanism, also red) “Up for a drink?” “Sure.” (men’s dress shoes, semi-shiny, size 9.5, clacking on wet, parking-lot-grade tarmac, accompanied by squeaky noise, probably sand or muck gathered on the soles, gradually disattaching and …
It is another world. At least unfamiliar. Colors, landscape, shapes, weather. Everything is different than usual. It hasn’t really started yet. It is the end of May, the roads in the highlands are still closed. Only the ring road that surrounds Iceland is fully accessible. But in some places it already looks like a playground …
The first days in Iceland, heading south along the east fjords. It’s late May, the mountain roads are still closed but getting on some tracks off the ring-road already give a glimpse of what to expect. Woow, exciting!
Sailing to Iceland – end of May 2019 This was the first thing I wrote: “Boredom on the ship. A 3-day ferry ride is awesome for those who have enough reading material with them. Water endless and a boring cloudy sky. When flying, you can at least chase a lot of films that are not …
lollipop or cotton candy. he couldn’t make up his mind. his favourite act was the contortionist, with the circus tent a very close second where siamese twin lambs were on display. but the tightrope stunt has been cancelled, the acrobat claimed he had doubts.
“It’s a combination of factors,” you said and I turned away because I knew it for a fact that what was coming was a series of well structured statements most of which would turn out to be untrue. Not lies though. I never assumed you would lie. I began to admire the clothes on the …
it was and end-of-summer sort of question. that is not to say that it had to be necessarily posed at the end of the summer. the two things, in this particular case, simply coincided. it had been a long ride. scattered with expertly picked arguments born out of adoration, nascent distrust swiftly translating itself into …
Photograph of back of fuel pump. Meeting all safety requirements as per relevant provisions by Bureau of Standardization. Two water-proofing flaps, designed to cover keyholes on access doors, are open. Marks left by water streaming down after rain clearly visible under keyholes. Lower flap somewhat less open, potentially due to more wear to bit of …
eight weeks and a world apart.
“So, can you commit?” “Sure, I can commit.” “So, how do you commit?” “I brush my teeth every day.” “Is that a commitment?” “Best you’ll ever have.” “How?” “Leap of faith.” “What?” “You assume there’s a tomorrow.” “Ah. Ok.” “See?”
if i say goodbye now can you let me go?
I roam the streets and take candid photographs of people close up so I can see their faces clearly. I am putting together a collection of facial expressions. I want to create a manual for emotionally challenged people so they can use my photos as reference when they want to show emotion. I already have …
i should. i will. perhaps, not just now.